3MT (Three Minute Thesis) Presentation Competition
What is it?
3MT (Three Minute Thesis) is a research communication competition where participants will have three minutes to present a compelling oration on their thesis topic and its significance. 3MT is not an exercise in trivialising or ‘dumbing-down’ research, but challenges students to consolidate their ideas and research discoveries so they can be presented concisely to a non-specialist audience.
The ability to communicate the importance of your research project and articulate your findings is very valuable. 3MT provides you with the opportunity to:
- Communicate your ideas effectively to the wider community;
- Describe your research findings to a non-specialist audience;
- Crystallise your thoughts about your thesis;
- Increase your profile within the research community in the arena of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering;
- Network with other RHD students; and
- Achieve a competent certificate to enrich your CV.
- Anyone who is a regular thesis student in an undergraduate (4th year) or Masters or PhD/MPhil program (including thesis under submission) will be eligible to participate in the 3MT competition. Thesis must be related to Biotechnology.
The following rules have been developed for the competition.
- A single static PowerPoint slide is permitted (no slide transitions, animations or 'movement' of any description, the slide is to be presented from the beginning of the oration).
- No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
- No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- Presentations are limited to 3 minutes maximum and competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified. Presentations are to be spoken word (eg. no poems, raps or songs).
- Presentations are to commence from the stage.
- Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter starts their presentation through movement or speech.
- The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.
Click Here to get Registration Form
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for registration: 25 July, 2018
Dr. Ahsan Habib, Associate Professor
Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Discipline, Khulna University